Organizations want to automatically preserve and purge email, while eliminating the need to search for personal archives on each and every local machine whenever litigation support is requested.
Organizations want to search for email quickly, with minimum effort, for reasons such as compliance and litigation support, recovering deleted mail and for data mining and knowledge management.
Organizations need to proactively develop formal content retention policies and deploy email archiving solutions to implement and enforce those policies.
Plug 'n' Play
Organizations want to protect the archived email from tampering. They need an external email archiving solution that works in tandem with the email solution but preserves emails as they came in or went out without any modification.
Email storage growth is driven by increasing use of email and larger attachments sent through email. Organizations need to be able to search for email not only by message content and header information but by content of attachments to get to the needed emails quickly and simply.
It is recommended that organizations review reports that tell them about the behavior of their archive with information such the capacity and performance of the archive to assure continuity of service.
Record retention periods and rules vary by country and by industry. Some of the rules are prescribed by: SEC, HIPAA,SOX, FRCP and more. Click on the crossing guard to learn more.
Tweets from Enkive, LLC
Follow us @enkive
- — A banking organization with offices in both the United States and France is sued in the United States for fraud. http://t.co/YRtoUFCtqu — 4 weeks 1 day ago
- — 17a-4's Top 5 Ways to Leverage an Email Archive | Virtual-Strategy Magazine http://t.co/20mi86mIAI via @po_st — 4 weeks 6 days ago
- — Feds' uneasy relations with tech http://t.co/4e3kil9HDC — 5 weeks 3 days ago
- — The eDiscovery Solutions Daily is out! http://t.co/TYYdWMOTZz ▸ Top stories today via @enkive @ChristineLhardt @BI_contributors — 5 weeks 6 days ago
- — #eDiscovery 10/31 Federal Rules of Civil Procedure:How Upcoming Changes Will Alter Litigation & eDiscovery Strategies http://t.co/OKXMTmP1TD — 6 weeks 9 hours ago
Put Enkive to Work!
Go Ahead, use the intelligence locked away in email. Use Enkive. It is getting traction: Enkive has been downloaded over 12,000 times, from 52 countries.
Enkive is available under the Affero GPL license. You can install it yourself following the wiki directions, or check out the Enterprise Edition for the affordable support options we offer. If you had downloaded an early (pre 1.0) version, we offer a migration tool.
enkive 1.4 RC1 2013-11-05
enkive 1.3.1 2013-09-18
enkive.1.3.1 RC1 2013-07-24
enkive-1.3 RC 3 2013-06-20
enkive-1.3 RC 2 2013-06-12
enkive-1.3 RC 1 2013-05-25
Data mining / Business knowledge management
An organization’s email is a record of communications and constitute its business knowledge repository...
Read more »
By archiving all company email, Enkive helps organizations to meet regulatory compliance requirements such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act...
Read more »
Enkive reduces the time to access email needed for litigation or other business purposes...
Read more »