Organizations want to automatically preserve and purge email, while eliminating the need to search for personal archives on each and every local machine whenever litigation support is requested.
Organizations want to search for email quickly, with minimum effort, for reasons such as compliance and litigation support, recovering deleted mail and for data mining and knowledge management.
Organizations need to proactively develop formal content retention policies and deploy email archiving solutions to implement and enforce those policies.
Plug 'n' Play
Organizations want to protect the archived email from tampering. They need an external email archiving solution that works in tandem with the email solution but preserves emails as they came in or went out without any modification.
Email storage growth is driven by increasing use of email and larger attachments sent through email. Organizations need to be able to search for email not only by message content and header information but by content of attachments to get to the needed emails quickly and simply.
It is recommended that organizations review reports that tell them about the behavior of their archive with information such the capacity and performance of the archive to assure continuity of service.
Record retention periods and rules vary by country and by industry. Some of the rules are prescribed by: SEC, HIPAA,SOX, FRCP and more. Click on the crossing guard to learn more.
Tweets from Enkive, LLC
Follow us @enkive
- — Post-Gazette sues state to change email practice http://t.co/6681lzGB1W via @pittsburghpg — 5 days 7 hours ago
- — #eMailDiscovery Spoliation Four Ways: Washington Court Orders $25,000 and Attorneys’ Fees and Costs http://t.co/wGpXuePVOi — 11 weeks 6 days ago
- — #emailArchiving. & the storm continues. 'Heckuva then and now:' Sonasoft backpedals on claim it backed up IRS servers http://t.co/2U7wcnBhUC — 11 weeks 6 days ago
- — #emailarchiving Sonasoft Clarifies Its Position Regarding IRS and Sonasoft's Email Archiving Products http://t.co/ZMR1qnNp02 — 12 weeks 4 days ago
- — The IRS did have a Contract with an Sonasoft - Email Archiving Company, But Still Somehow Lost Lois Lerner’s Emails http://t.co/5VnsJPDCH9 — 13 weeks 7 hours ago
Put Enkive to Work!
Go Ahead, use the intelligence locked away in email. Use Enkive. It is getting traction: Enkive has been downloaded over 12,000 times, from 52 countries.
Enkive is available under the Affero GPL license. You can install it yourself following the wiki directions, or check out the Enterprise Edition for the affordable support options we offer. If you had downloaded an early (pre 1.0) version, we offer a migration tool.
enkive 1.4 2014-03-06
enkive 1.4 RC2 2014-01-13
enkive 1.4 RC1 2013-11-05
enkive 1.3.1 2013-09-18
enkive 1.3.1 RC1 2013-07-24
enkive 1.3 2013-07-02
enkive 1.3 RC 3 2013-06-20
enkive 1.3 RC 2 2013-06-12
enkive 1.3 RC 1 2013-05-25
enkive 1.2 2012-10-04
enkive 1.1 2012-06-07
enkive 1.0 2012-02-29
enkive 0.8 2011-08-08
enkive 0.7 2011-02-25
enkive 0.6.1 2011-01-03
enkive 0.6 2010-11-17
Data mining / Business knowledge management
An organization’s email is a record of communications and constitute its business knowledge repository...
Read more »
By archiving all company email, Enkive helps organizations to meet regulatory compliance requirements such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act...
Read more »
Enkive reduces the time to access email needed for litigation or other business purposes...
Read more »