[Enkive Users] Error when trying to launch the daemon

Enkive Users List users at enkive.org
Mon Jul 23 10:48:26 EDT 2012

I think Lee may be onto something -- that it's a permissions issue. That is, after the daemon script does an su, the user it becomes cannot read the files.

I should also add that the Enkive daemon script ($ENKIVE_HOME/scripts/enkive) in version 1.1 has an issue. It uses two distinct variables names -- ENKIVE_USER and ENKIVE_OWNER -- for the same intended value. You might want to replace every occurrence of ENKIVE_OWNER with ENKIVE_USER, so it's the same variable throughout. This will be fixed in future releases of Enkive.

Eric